Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Experience With Our Generation's... Friend?

Technology in my lifetime is a big part of everyday life. But have the people become too dependent on it? In the passed ten years, the use of technology has increased dramatically. Many persons have declared that they "couldn't live without it!". I think the Amish are doing well, though... We text our friends, email and IM when we can simply pick up the good old telephone and give them a ring. Although it does make lives more efficient in many ways, more and more studies have shown the negative effect of it. A lot more car crashes are due to the use of cell phones while driving. Scientists are even saying that cell phones can give you cancer where ever you keep it in your pocket!
Don't get me wrong, I do love the efficiency technology gives us. But I feel a little worried when it gets to the point where people don't know what they'd do without it.

5 comments:

Alejandro said...

clever analysis home girl, keep up the good work!

Bayley T. said...

I really like this entry. i feel the exact same way. :)

L. M. Peifer said...

Great blog post!

EB said...

i diggg!

Natalie Mironov said...

This is really good! I like it.