Monday, March 16, 2009

LRJ 2, As You Like It

In this act, Celia is now "Aliena." Rosalind, Touchstone and her are now entering the Forest of Arden. Celia seems to be exhausted from all the traveling they have been doing. "I faint almost to death." 2.4.(64). But Celia does seem to enjoy the forest. "I like this place, and willingly could waste my time in it." 2.5.(97-98).
In scene 2 where Celia is not present but talked about. Her father is asking about her whereabouts with lords, but no one seemed to have witnessed their escape. "Can it be possible no man saw them?" 2.2.(1).
"Aliena" and "Ganymede" meet an old shepherd, Corin, and a lovesick young one, Silvius. They are still with Touchstone. The girls persuade Corin to help them buy a cottage. Corin tells them, "Go with me. If you like upon report the soil, the profit, and this kind of life, I will your very faithful feeder be and buy your gold right away." 2.5.(100-103). A nice friendship is formed.

No comments: